Jakarta from my hotel room.All I have to say, is that Jesus is just miraculous.Being there is Jakarta for the Asia Pacific Youth Alive Conference(APYAC) was just life changing. I'm not gonna drag on much about it, but I'm gonna let the pictures do the talking.
A certain giant model of Transformers in a mall at Jakarta
Woohoo.. Night concert goin on!
Michael & Daniel preparing for our night!
Grace, "Hiro" and I :P
Stadium Istora!

Michael & I after the whole thing. Michael was sleepin in service, and the camera caught him.. Hahah! ;P
Singer Uncle, Drummer Uncle Simon and Me! :)
My "Si Fu" Liang
And the MAN! Michael Camilly. He is the best escort anyone can have. He was superbly patient with us Malaysians and guided us all the way! God bless you man. Really. He is one special guy.
Amanda, May Vern & I :)
Hiro, unmasked.. hahaha.. Derry uncle! Took real good care of us :) He is another phenomenal guy. Just so ever willing to serve His people. Fantastic spirit man. Keep it up!
Abang Mikel. The stage manager for all 3 days. I really don't know how he handled it man. He was still smiling after every session. Must learn some stress management from him. Am very encouraged to see such enthusiasm and zest for the Lord. :)
Peace for Indonesia!!
Ricky! :) We exchanged nametags. Promised to switch them the next time we met :) He is one naughty security boy :P God bless you bro ;)

Ricky's best friend, Michael (yes, there are sooo many Michaels~). He refused to give his jacket to me :( Hahahahha.. God bless you anyway!.. Hahahahah! :P
:D Sweetttnesss :P

E... E.... E..... E........ Fantastic girl. Still remembered what she wore the first time I met her :P
Those are the pics for now. I really had a remarkable time with the APYAC team. Though it was just a short time spent at Indonesia, I learned so many lessons to life and just how to live as Christian. I had to admit I went with much prejudice but I left the country a changed man. I really had a 180 degree turn of view on the land and country. I've learned so much from the people I have met in this conference. Their dedication and sincerity and simplistic spirit in doing the work of God. I was truly encouraged and convicted to be the person who God wants me to be.
It was time John learned a lesson on humility. These people lacked, but still they gave, in areas other than finances, such as their time and energy to serving God's people. They were just so willing and sacrificial. Something I was not. Especially Michael Camilly. I was very encouraged by his life. He comes from a family of 7. He is the second from the youngest of 5 siblings. All of them aren't Christians. But yet, he is so persistant and fervant in prayer. He even woke up at 4am just to pray for us. And best of all, he is just 16 years old. Such love I have not seen in a 16 year old. This is one of the few people that I see Christ in. I will definately keep him in my prayers, for God to sustain his faith in the midst of all his trials and especially for his family to come to know of God's goodness.
It is said, that the greatest sin is to keep the good news from those who have not yet come to know of the it. And I don't want to be found with that sin. Keeping the privilege all to myself. May this experience change me and mold me to be a greater servant of God. Whole and pure in His sight. Though I will have many obstacles ahead, many sacrifices to make in the near future, hurts in the past to be mended, and changes to be made, I want to see the promises of my life come to pass.
It far beyond time now that change should have happened in my life. I'm glad I tagged along with the team to be bless at this conference. I caught the fire and now, its time to bring it back to Malaysia. Challenges shall I face, persecution shall I face, but in You shall I trust, because in You, all things are possible.
Lord,
Take my life again. Burn me, break me, mold me, and shape me into your child. May You continue to pour favour and blessings into my life as I follow You each day of my life. Forgive me, because time and time and time and time again I have failed You SOOO many times. Countless times have I turned my back on You and deliberately choose the wrong path. Guide me Lord. Take me as You find me, all my failures, all my weaknesses and impurities, and turn it around Lord. Use it for Your glory. Its time I put all my faith in You. Hold my hands Lord, and never let me go. In You, I choose to trust, In You I choose to believe, In You I choose to face life's challenges.
Thank You, Jesus.
Amen!
Its not gonna be an easy commitment but I'm gonna trust Him. Who ever said Christians were perfect, who ever said Christians were suppose to be the top of the class, who ever said that Christians were to be boring poeple.. We are regular people with weaknesses and emotions. But what keeps apart from the world is that we have a hope in God and a friend we can turn to and trust at all times.
Alright. Thats it from me for now. Gonna hit the books and catch up on some work I left when I was gone. College, here I come! Wooohoooo!
-jOhN "trusting" Lim-
No comments:
Post a Comment