Friday, May 11, 2007


Howdy peeps..

Safely arrived in Singapore from Perth in the wee hours of the morning before I flew back to Kuala Lumpur. I had such a blast in Perth with my sister. It was a whole new experience compared to Japan because Japan was a very luxurious "holiday" holiday. You get it right? But this one was where I really got to see the student life, away from family, all alone with your friends, in your own space and room. It really opened my eyes to a new dimension all together.

We went everywhere from the city to shop to the country sides to the wildlife park and beaches to just beautiful sceneries all around Perth. I am truly thankful for such an experience. It really got my mind off some things that weren't worth thinking of. The thing I loved the most was the times when I just drove along with my sister in the car and while we talked and really caught up with each other. She is truly my inspiration and just such an exceptional person in my life. I love You Ci! Her name is Julie by the way. I just call her Ci because Ci is Che in Hokkien.
I don't think any of her friends will read my blog, but I have to say she has extremely nice friends. Each of them were so friendly and hospitable. Many of them were crazily lame and funny. yes, even more funny than you Jo Lin~ Haha.


It really opened my eyes to a whole new experience. Student life isn't as glamourous or free as you think it is. At least not for me. I guess, when you are all alone, you are so caught up with work at Uni plus taking care of your food and chores at home till you really sometimes just feel so lost in a whole new foreign land. From the way I see it, what keeps you going is your friends. Just watching my sister's friends laugh and take care of each other really encouraged me loads. They were so sincere with each other, just like family. I realyl admire what they have for each other.


Somehow the way I feel is not coming out through words, but trust me, once you leave home, you'll get me. Learning to be independant, learning to make new friends, and just surviving over there. I'm glad I had the opportunity to look at it before I left. It would definately make me a better person.

:) A whole new semester is starting on Tuesday. I really pray I would have a good start and continue to be consistant for the next semesters to come. It really feels like a whole new beginning once again, coming back from this holiday, coming back to college.

Truly, I am taking baby steps towards the destiny of my life and I am learning each step of the way. Gonna press on towards becoming a better person each day.

Missing my classmates back in 5BR :( Hope to meet some new INTI faces soon :P Take care peeps! Having friends is like having cabonara for dinnner, YUMMY-LY DELICIOUS. Cheers!


-jOhN "pressing on" LiM-

No comments: