Friday, November 04, 2005

Ups or just Downs?

John Lim is officially going to die!.. Arghh..!!.. first of all.. let me update you guys on my previous days and today. Well, the past few days have been rather... errr... UNproductive. Been waking up at 11am plus plus, lie on the couch and play my PS2 all day long.. Well, today was rather an interesting one. Woke up at 9am and left for old town for a ride to get some chips for movie night at cell, however the shop was closed due to the second day of raya as we all know. Dropped by Satellite at Jalan Gasing for a hot bowl of One Ton Mee and left for The Curve with Kelly and Jean Yi to look for a job. Met up at Vivo for their Italian lunch. Met rather "strange" characters and amusing boss. She was a nice pleasant lady with flower prints on her lovely blouse. She had this "accent" too but yet she was very polite and somewhat classy. Asked if there was a job vacancy and yeap she asked us to come back the next day for interview *aint gonna do that~haha*.. We also met this "weird" guy working there. He was actually from my school. Form 6. He is really weird and slow. Sorry if i'm a bit critical. But I couldn't help commenting on him till Kelly got pissed and trust me, it isn't easy to piss Kelly off, right? :P But anyway, left the store and went on a tour-de-curve for a job vacancy. Dropped by stores after stores. Can't name all, forgot.. lolz.. But it was a fair number. Dropped by La Marcet and met Chee Ho and a couple of Form 3 babies which was undenialbly rude to us. He has something againts cute guys.. ;) Dropped by O'Brien. The manager was super rude. Arghh.. a total turn off.. I have to get this clear~ I'm not desperate for the Job neither am I desperate for the money but I just want to make good use of my time to satisfy another's tummy and I have all the rights to CHOOSE and be picky and Gosh~ I SOO totally hate these rude managers. Anyway dropped by to visit Jordan too. The girls said he kept starring at me?.. Haha.. Well, Jordan, I love you too.. HAHAHA! Walked a bit to Ikano, was digusted by the stench at the Pet Store. But they had fasinating snakes and rather SMeLly tortoise. Dropped by the neighbouring music store. Was planning to get a good pair of drumsticks for Jinny Boy for his birthday next week. But sure i know nuts bout drumsticks. Didn't get one at last. Soon we took a cab over to 1U to continue tour-de-1U. But by this time, John turned into some sort of negative monster. All that was admitting from John's mouth was pure discouraging messages. It even got into Jean Yi. She scolded me too :(. They both we're like telling me they have never seen this side of John. They always thought of John as the Fighter and Daredevil that will go all the way. I'm so sorry to disappoint you girls. But gosh, I'm the WORST person you can ever bring if you're gonna find a job. For heaven's sake, please people, don't bring me along if you're gonna look for a job. For some reason, I was so totally discouraging and negative. I was GIVING UP, can u believe it!

Soon after we arive at 1U after choking in the smoke of the smoking cab driver. Thank God he got the hint of me coughing out loud. God, will I ever smoke?.. LOLZ.. Anyway, got down and immediately went job searching again~. Bare in mind, John at this point is a pure sucker. Drop by at Jack's Place for a peek at Jun Wei. She did look weird in her oversize white shirt but hey, I wouldn't mind dining at a restaurant with a hot waitress. Would you?.. Next stop, MPH. Met Su San and Liu Qing. They were both complaining to was super boring. Alas it was everyone else's break time. A few of them gathered and we had tea time at A&W with Jun Wei, Mechell, Tien Chuen, Jean Yi, Kelly, and of course Me joined by Liu Qing later on. Had a good time listening to their bizarre waitress stories. All the spillings and trips to Jun Wei's extraordinary Fat-man experience. She had trip at least 3 times and landed on in the arms of that REALLY REALLY FAT man as she describes. Soon it was time they had to drag themselves back and we continued out tour-de-1U. It was our last stop. John Lim at this point was at the verge of giving up. We took our last shot at Dave's Deli. They directed us to Okra upstairs because it was the same management it seemed. So we went up and met up with the manager. It was a rather weird clash of personalities. Here was the conversation:

John : Excuse me Sir, I was just curious if there was a job vacancy for the 3 of us. *charming smile*
Mr Phang : Oh Curiosity kills the cat you know.

*what the $%&#$* HAHAHA... thats the first.. there were more to come like really weird statements and out of topic questions like which church we attended and really weird statements. I had a feeling he was all out to SCARE us saying its gonna be realy tough and how thick skin are we and all asking how long does it take for a tear to tear down if someone scolds us and stuff. He even had some grading system that if we only "worth" RM3 he would only pay us RM3 and if we "worthed" RM6 then he will pay us RM6. *what the #$%#*. He used that term, WORTHED.. hhaha.. but somehow his statements and so to say "discouragements" seem to push us more. Somehow we all felt even more motivated to work harder. But I guess I'm determined to make the most of it la. Gonna prove to him, Jean Yi, and Kelly I'm no quitter and whimp. Left 1U today feeling accomplished at the last minute.

Ahh, next. Came back at bout 6 and got ready for cell. Cell tonight was gonna be at my place. It's movie night and we were all excited that we were gonna watch Deuce Bigolow:European Gigolo. Got the coach in place, got the drinks ready and cell members brought chips. Watched the first few minutes of the show and tragedy. I shall not mention what but we decided it was best we switched movie to Hot Chick. Had a few laughes. Hope they enjoyed it. ;P However I learnt something really important tonight.
1. Screen through movies before allow young kids view.
2. Roll up carpet before crowd comes
3. Never have chips+lights off. Conclusion, chips on floor.

Well, I guess I'll have to call it a night. This day had its ups and downs. Looking forward to the next few ones. Tennis lessons tomorrow!.. Woohoo!.. Anyone interested?.. Lolz.. But I've learnt alot today. But the one thing I want to improve on is that I think sometimes I'm too critical and maybe just a pure whimp. Guess Jean Yi and Kelly really got to see the complaisent John. But thats me. But it really hit me that they saw me a Fighter. I really do want to live up to that expectation. Sorry if I disappointed some of you guys, but hey, there's room for much much more improvements. Thanx Kelly and Jean Yi for hitting that into me. Appreciate me. Everyday a better day, everyday a better John!
Note to self: John You suck!..haha

Motivated,
-jOhN "suck" LiM-

No comments: