Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy Birthday and CNY to me! :P

Alas a post. Forgive Yours truly once again for my lack of attention to this site. Sigh. Time has been a restrain. Anyway, the past week has again been quite packed and hectic. Well, maybe I should write about something that just had happen that is……. My Birthday! Weeee… This year’s 17th Birthday wasn’t much of a bang or boom. It was just a simple, sweet, beautiful day (Btw, did you know, OPRAH WINFREY was born on the SAME day! 29th of Jan!). Went to church in the morning, went over to Aunt/Uncle’s place at Shah Alam for lunch. Note, it was also the First Day of Chinese New Year. We already had my birthday cake after falling for temptaion the night before at our reunion dinner. It was a savouring caramel cake from King’s Confectionary. It was A++. Just simply irresistable. In the evening, my family finally agreed on having dinner at Italianese. I seem to be the only Italian Food fanatic in my family. My bro hates Spagetti, Mom doesn’t like the thickness of the cheese, Sister only likes Rice and Chinese Dishes, and I dunno if my dad doesn’t like it or not. But dinner was superb too. Had Cabonara, Spagetti Meat Balls and Stuffed Mushrooms which were just splendid for a Birthday Night. 1U was like a ghost town. No shit. It was as dead and quiet as if the God of Chaos was about to arrive. All in all, it was a rather quiet birthday, but hey, I really liked it. Just sweet. Oh, and a special shout out to all those who’d wished me. Received heaps of sweet smses. Thanx ya’ll!

Chinese New Year. The one conclusion I’ve came out with is that Chinese New Year means Television Time with Family. What else can you do during chinese new year other than food food food and more food? But cool family movies rock. It’s the time of the year when we all sit down together and watch as Hong Kong stars stret their way up the stage to receive their heavy metal toys that only make their way to shelves. Last night, we watched Mr. Hong Kong. Gosh~ Hong Kong seem to be coming up with all these cheesy crappy shows. Buffed Boys shashaying along their way, working it out. The highlight of the night was when we found out there was a swimsuit round too! My Gawd, they had water to wet them too. Ughh.. with the wet look and see-through shirts and “United Colours of Beneton” Speedos, God forbid this competition to happen again! Wonder who coordinated their clothing rack. It was bad. Colour combination was out. The winner had a purple coat with lime green pants. He looked like Joker from Batman. But one thing I learnt from this competition is that women still prefer guys that are intouch with sensitivity. I guess the winner had it all when he serenaded the women with his scales on the piano. But I guess all in all the togetherness of the show was the thing that made it special. It surely wouldn’t be fun if I’d watched it alone, or would it? :P.

Looking forward to the next few days of this holiday. It’s a good get away from school. And as I write this, I can’t believe it is the last day of the month of January. Its over! Its Fishing Over! 10 more months to go to SPM! Ahhhhh……..

Gong Xi Gong Xi
-jOhN “8” LiM-

No comments: