It never meant as important to me as ever. The future holds uncertainties for our life. But yet, I’m going to choose to move forward and press on towards the goal he has placed for me. It got my mind running when I watched those passengers of Flight 93 run down the aisle to stand for what they were made for, to Live. I spend my night with my family watching “The Flight That Fought Back” on Discovery Channel. It wasn’t the usual family night. It was definitely a time of reflection and determination. Passengers of Flight 93 fought back when their plane had been hijacked by terrorist on September 11th 2001. Though memories of the incident vaguely present itself in our minds, but yet it is still fresh in history. Though it may bring back haunting memories but yet, through the short clips that were presented, a light amidst the darkness shone.
They had a purpose, they were determined to live on and fight. Even as I paid close attention to the TV screen even as some whail and cry, thoughts of how thankful I am for the people around to me beat in my heart. One lady’s words were very clear to my ears that said, from then on, every phone call she’d ever got from anyone really strike a chord in her chest that it might just be the last call she’d get from the individual. All this just sums up that life isn’t to be taken lighty. Had a good chat with Victor this afternoon after lunch when he came by my place just to hang around. It was very true what he said about our perspective on life. It’s truly how we view it. Sometimes, certain obstacles and boundaries are just meant to be there to allow us to bump into it. It is because if it wasn’t for that struggle, we’ve would never ended up where we are today. Even as I reflect back on the past, how true a statement it was. If it wasn’t for me falling down each time I fell, I wouldn’t have got up and learn that lesson.
They died as heroes. And that’s what I want to live for, to leave a legacy of faith and strongwill. I want to be different. I want my life to be counted in for His Kingdom, knowing I’ve impacted someone’s life out there. Its time I got up and made a difference. But well, I’m gonna start with the small steps now. Wanna go write a sappy, moody like Life song now. Just humming a tune of new life.
Reflecting,
-jOhN LiM-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment