Friday, December 30, 2005

God's Direction Via Decision for 2006

It was a blast!.. I have to say Youth Camp 2005 was terrific! Water City was beautiful, room was comfy, worship sessions were power-packed, sessions were life transforming, ministry time was spectacular, group was crazy, skit was madness, and the company was absolutely fantastic. Youth Camp is definately something I wouldn't wanna miss out every year. Its such a lifting feeling after camp. Left for Melaka on the 26th. Met up at church in the morning and soon boarded the bus. It is funny how God stretches someone he wants to use. During the whole camp duration, I was bus leader, group leader, room leader and worship leader. What more can you ask?! But I must say, this camp long I've reached the stage where it has been ministry all through out. I didn't really receive much but I know it was awesome. I was serving more already. But its good. My receiving season is over. I still remember where at some camps I'll be at the alter crying my heart out. But in this camp was different. God is really bringing GTYC into a different level, whether it be ministry level, worship, and commitment. Its really great to know young ones really rising up and taking the position God wants them to take. A change is taking place and I definately see a good change in 2006. After we arrived at Water City we went to the hall immediately. Got into our groups and rooms and soon prepared for the first session. Led worship and definately God's presence was felt. First night wasn't too bad. Powerful word spoken that got me and Benedict conversing on our bed till 3am. Brought up so many issues and topics which were really interesting.

Got up the next morning and had to take over Joann's place in her worship session coz she wasn't feeling too good. Led worship again and enjoyed morning session. Afternoon was games time. Gosh we had fun. Before games we prepared for cheer and skit. Fuh~ stressing!.. Go SPORTS MANIA! Had a blast too!.. Really enjoyed the balloon game on the suspended bridge. Bleks. I just wanna shout out to all my GROUPIES which were totally awesome! Love ya'll! Expecially to my great, sexy, cool, wannabe, Ass-cum-Assistant Leader, Vincent Tan Zic Wae! I have to tell ya, during our human bingo he had to proove he could do 30 push ups within 40 secs and he did it in 20 secs. *Girls Screaming*. But thanx dude. All this while you've been an awesome friend, supporter, brother, teacher, mentor, girlfriend, entertainer, wateva! Its gonna be an eventful 2006. Can't imagine seing you leave for the States~ Ah.. Don't even wanna think about it.

Anyway, next morning was stressing! Woke up at 7.30am and got to the hall to prepare for skit prac at 8am. No one was there yet. So I had sat down and prayed for first place (ngek ngek ngek). It was a productive practice and soon was rushing for worship session with Delaine. Loved the fast songs. Everyday, This is How we Overcome and Reflector. Con-ned Vincent into singing too. Fast forward to afternoon. During lunch we were discussing on how to dress me up. In our skit I had to dress up as Oprah Winfrey. I was turning into Joprah Limfrey. Miss Woo Wei Wen was brilliant enough to suggest me wearing her BRA?!! Gosh I was freaking out by then. So I challenged her to ask Pastor Julie about it because I was confident enough that Pastor wouldn't allow such a thing. But Wei Wen immediately asked Pastor and she was like "if the guy doesn't mind, i don't have a problem with it". After MUCH convincing, we left for Wei Wen's room to get dressed up and GAWD IT WAS THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFE TIME~~~~~. She got her padded push up bras for me and a yellow baby-T, a denim jacket, and a TUBE TOP~~ Tried the yellow baby-T but it was UGHH.. bad!!!!... SO WRONG!.. Vinz was going all crazy over the HOT GIRL he was looking at! We decided at last that I was to wear the Bra, Tube and jacket. You have no idea how I fit into those. Am I that small? :(. Will include pics soon. Got on with our skit and we did AWESOME! Damn lame la. Had a good laugh. Every other team did good. I particularly liked Suspense. Because they had the choir which was really special. But as soon it was over I was SOO relieve! Had a good break time and soon after had fun at the night session. It was all great!

During the whole camp I've learn so much. A special shout to my God-Bro Victor, thanx for being there for me! Hehehe..

2006... This is it. I'm beginning my last day of the year online. It has definately been an awesome year. A year of growth, new possibilities, challenges, experience, humbling year, and defiantely I've met new and awesome people. I am definately looking forward to 2006. With SPM ahead and new hurdles, I'm gonna face it head on with my Lord. Here I go 2006! *CrAsH*

Running after You, Lord!
-jOhN "jOpRah" LiM-

No comments: