Woke up to a rainy morning before me and beloved sis headed to church for their Christmas service. Always feels refreshing to go to church and hear Pastor Kong Hee. Was very much entertained by the play before we headed off to the airport for a sumptious lunch. Got back to rest before I headed out for dinner with lovely Shittal and her housemates and a whole lot of guests. All the meals were prepared by a steward that came by to cook pasta, mee soto, roasted chicken, and small finger foods. Very much a Malaysian "Air Crew" gathering kinda thing. Had good laughs before I left.
Leaving for an early flight tomorrow to Manila. Was suppose to join batchmates for Kareoke tonight but I called out because of an early flight out. Sigh. Was all excited to join them this time because I had all my Chinese Pin Yin copied and pasted onto Microsoft Word to be printed and sang in the room. Seriously. The only Chinese songs I ever sing in Kareoke is Lee Hom's Forever Love and Kiss Goodbye which I can 75% remember by heart. Now, I can sing a whole load more of Lee Hom's songs when I go K. 16 to be specific ;) Hahahaha! I always knew the tunes, but was just illeterate when it came to chinese. Sigh. What kind of Chinese am I?
I guess Christmas is about Love, and giving and sharing the Joy. Its always a different experience being away from home and celebrating it away from your home country. I believe students and working people overseas can testify to that. It is when friends really come together to be with each other and really appreciate the warmth and company. I have to conclude that this year's Christmas is definitely not the best, but the most unique and different (=
Till then, enjoy the last few days of the Year while I head off to Manila and then Dubai. Will try to post something up to sum the whole year before the New Years. And I still have NOT decided to come back for New Years or not. Sigh.
-jOhN "Feliz Navidad" LiM-

No comments:
Post a Comment