Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good evening beautiful people!

It has certainly been a quiet day without my housemates around. Like how I was previously saying, I was on a 7 day standby and guess what, I was only called up for one pathetic flight, Colombo. I guess I won't be activated for my standby tomorrow as well. After that I have a KL turn where I fly to KL and DON'T get down from the plane and to Paris the day after that. Checked the weather recently and if I was not mistaken, it did say it was snowing for a day. Its gonna be freezing in Paris this time. The last time I went, I had a sunburn from walking too much and now, its gonna be freezing. Its already my second time to Paris and I'm thankful. Gonna get birthday gifts there for a few people. I'm prepared. Haha.

I'm worried now cause, right after my Paris,I'll be on another standby. This time, I'll be on a 11 day standby! Gosh. Don't know how I'll survive. The problem with standbys are that, its not certain if I'll get a flight and worst still, I won't be even sure WHEN I'll be called. So therefore, when we're on standby, we stay at home like good dogs. But due to the economic downturn, the company has cut flights and therefore I believe there has been an influx of crew. I hope it picks up by March next year.

On another hand, there hasn't been much drama on ground and on air. I have been picking up on Gossip Girl at home because of my standby. My housemate had bought the whole series from Shanghai. I recently went to Shanghai to get some DVDs too for another batchmate of mine but I didn't get any for myself though. I think Gossip Girl has been overrated. Its not really nice. I guess it just sells on the "good-looks" of their cast. Other than that, the drama just doesnt sustain the whole series. Don't see it as a lasting series.

Finally our Bitch-fest gang got to meet again recently in the airport. It has been some time since we really met as a WHOLE group. But you can really see the change in our conversation. We are now more versed with our work and we are actually having loads of fun in the air. It really does make a difference, your attitude you bring on board.

I have been thinking, if I really do like this line, after serving my bond here with the Cabin Crew division, I'm gonna do as plan and get my degree in New York and then probably come back here to SIA to try out to be a Pilot. I mean, why not? It wouldn't hurt since I already got a glimpse of it all. I have only one worry. Whenever we fly, and we're overseas, at least the cabin crew have each other to go out with but the captains, I feel, are always really lonely. For long flights, they have two Captains and two First Officers, so at least there are 4 of them. But on mid-flights, there are only 2 of them. It can get really lonely at times. I'm determined. If I ever got to become a Pilot, I'm gonna tell the cabin crew everytime we're overseas, that I was a cabin crew before and that they MUST call me out if they were going out. Hahaha! My housemate has been dating this First officer recently, and I've been talkin to him and its interesting. But he do share my concern about the lonely part thing. Haha. He agrees with my opinion on that part. Poor him. I'm gonna call him out if I ever fly with him again. Yup, I flew with him before. On my first solo flight to Brisbane. He's a pretty nice guy. I just hope he's as nice as he looks la. My housemate is just too fragile to be cheated with. Poor her.

Alrighty. Gonna sink myself in some jazz now. Yup, I stil LOVE jazz and I constantly get albums from everywhere I fly to :) For the Love of Jazz. Good night and sleep tight my fellow friends. You deserve all the Love out there!
Take care and hope to hear from all of you soon.

-jOhN "standbying" LiM-

No comments: