Tuesday, October 26, 2010


Time. It was only a matter of time that I came back to my roots.

Change is all that happened.

Thinking of how blessed I am to have been given this opportunity lightens my spirit. But knowing that I was given the opportunity didn't mean I didn't have to prepare myself to work for what I want to be at right now today.

I've definitely seen growth mentally and a significant change of opinions and values. I have grown to see things in very new perspectives. I am still developing new senses of opinions and standards for my life. I have definitely not been satisfied with where I've been and have and will always be striving for the best that I can be. I have never believed in mediocracy and mere living. I hunger Success, Dreams and Passion. I dive into a game of pushing myself to the limit everyday, to learn from the very best, to gain from valuable experiences and to understand knowledge that is freely available. I scorn at the people who live their life with no direction or passion, who walk each day with no goal or bearing.

At the end of the day, opportunities aren't just there for us, You have to find them. And if no effort or thought is even poured into the process, what can you expect to get? Don't just walk the face of this earth in your lifetime, endeavor to Fly.

This game is of no others, but Yours. Do not let others do the thinking for you, Swim your Own race! Get up and get out there and do something for your own good! I'd like to believe that Happiness will never fall on your lap. You'll have to fight for your Happiness. Just too many people wait too long to make a change in their lives. Its never the right time, because the time is Now! Wait no longer for Barbara to come home, wait no longer for the flowers to bloom, wait no longer for the cows to come home. It is time. Be a self-starter. Initiative, is what separates you from the pack. Determination, is what brings you to the best. Passion, is what drives you to Success.

Hard times you say? Await for many to be in your way. But remember, they will only be in your way but there will always be a way around it, my friend. Its true. It will never be the end, because when one door closes, many others will be opened. So don't be dismayed when faces with challenges, cause when you look back, you can only smile and see how you've accomplished it.

Start Dreaming. Start Believing in Your Dream. Start asking yourself Real questions. Start searching for the Truth. Start Now.

Living abroad in Singapore for the past 2 years allowed me to see things and explore options and understand cultures and differences, but little did I know, how it has prepared me for New York. This, is living abroad.

Disparity? Difference? Despair? Desolate? Dismayed- Shall I not be. Have I felt them? Of course. I am only but after all, just a 21 year old Asian boy, living away from the comfort of home and familiarity. But discouraged, I will be not for I know, there are greater rewards waiting for me. I am optimistic and know that there is a promising future for me, only if I work for it. There is no such thing as a free lunch ;)

I will find my way in this land that celebrates Dreams. Taking my first step here, has lit the flame that will burn only so bright. I am hopeful and reassured each day with every sunrise on my face because I know, and I feel it in my spirit, that It is there for the taking.

And with this positivity, trust me, things around you just somehow works for you. Things just fall into their perfect fit. I'm not saying Life is gonna work its way around you, but you will harmonize with your circumstances and find that it works :)

Treasure the Gift that has been given to You, will you now? :) And Live your Life today :)

Love, from New York <3

John


No comments: