Hey avid readers!
Considering how close my trials are, I was still watching One In A Million on Friday night. I had to take time off since tonight there was no cell so I had to see how was its progress and the standard of Malaysia. I was pleasently surprise by the determination I see. Though the quality ain't up to expectation but you have to admit, Malaysia is nuts to Americaphant. Anyway, I have to say Suki is an excellent singer. Really. Do take notice of her ;) Mark my words. I have ears (oh, so do You :P). Anyway, I was rather, how do I put it, errrr offended by Paul's remarks tonight. He was rather strong and frustrated by his remarks to the contestants. Almost all of them got slammed hard on the face. Really, he just threw rotten pizza at each contestant one after another and it got worst with smelly cheese on it. Well, anyway, it was entertaining seing Syafinaz fight with Paul. Really, I don't know what is his problem. He was ok last year with Malaysian Idol. But he got worst this year with OIAM. Probably he can't spend his precious Friday's at Zouk or so. But he was rude. And thats why i came up with a brilliant idea of writting Mr Paul a mail ;) Berikutnya adalah isi isi yang saya kupas daripadanya. Happy reading :-
Dear Paul Moss,
First of all I must thank you for making time to read this mail. My name is John Lim and I am a 17 year old guy from PJ. To cut the crap, I had tune in to 8TV just last night to see how One In A Million(OIAM) was progressing. It was interesting to see how the contestants have grown through each week. I have to admit I am not an avid view of OIAM every week because of circumstances however I have to say the contestants have certainly show determination and effort in their singing and performances each progressing week.
However, my main point of this mail is to politely highlight what I see as what is coming through in my screen regarding YOUR comments. It is rather transparent to see that you have shown much frustration in their performances. However I feel that it is taking a toll on the contestants. Yes, they ARE suppose to take the pressure and it is not an excuse and so on so forth because the industry is as such but your critiques have somehow come across as a Projection of Your frustration and anger. That is however, MY opinion of your comments. Probably it maybe be caused by stress, or personal reasons but if for any reason what I say is correct to a certain degree, I really do hope for your criticism to be more of Positive and Constructive criticism. Really, they do need encouragement and support too and especially from someone as such as You with some air-time included.
I honestly do not want to come across as correcting you or what-so-ever in any way because I am in no position but somehow I felt compelled to write this mail to you to address this issue. I respect you as a person and do agree with most of your comments however it need not come across as anger or such but encouragement and guidance from someone as experienced as you.
I do hope I have not offended you in anyway but at least caused you to ponder for a moment on my comments. I really do just want to help :) Please to address you, sir ;)
Yours Truly,
John Lim
(this mail is TOO modest :P)
That was my mail to him ;). I WILL POST the reply, IF he ever reads it~ I bet he gets at least 50 hate mails a week~ Hahahaha... Oh, and all the best for trials SPMers!!!...
A little update, Trials from 4th to 18th ;) Wish me all the best? HAHAHHA.. Muaxy people! Now back to the books!!
Emmanuel,
-jOhN "studying" LiM-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment