Wassup ya'll!!
Well, as you've all found out, I've bought myself some books to read recently and I had included the Da Vinci's Code in my library. I bought it on Saturday night and guess what, I'm done reading it already! Weee.. I cannot deny it is a good book. Really, the thrills and adventure really sends your pulse beating faster and faster as each page turns. On the other hand I have to warn that this book is not for the faint of faith. Christians with no strong foundation will question their own faith and non-Christians will definately be convinced that Christianity is a fraud. Well, as the world now is heated up with this debate, I really do caution everyone who is interested and curious of what this whole thing is about. Not all facts are factual. Not everything you see or read is believable, so really, if you don't read with this in mind, you'd be shakened.
I was so hooked on the book. Its crazy. The adrenaline rush and mind boggling mysteries. I actually put my studies on hold despite my mid-term exams starting this Thursday(GOSH!). I really can't wait for the movie and how cleverly they would stitch it all together. There are many twist to the stories and Brown has ingeniously infuse historical legends/myths to come out with such genuine questions. You have to read it for yourself to be surprised. But likewise again I warn that you need not believe it all. Really, if it was all true, he wouldn't have catogorize it as Fiction. Though many statements may bring you to some conclusion of profanity, keep in mind that its all just a story after all. But I really am lookin forward to visiting the Museums he had mentioned in France and London. This book has really gotten me in touch with Art History and some philosophy. Its intriguing and just captivates my night with fantasies. I would read it till the wee hours in the morning and wake up the next day to find myself on my sofa reading to the sound of Jazz Channel 111 on Astro.
Well, I still have 2 more books to go, Laughing as they Chased Us - Sarah Jackman and The Known World - Edward P. Jones (as recommended on Oprah). Wakakakaka.. But I forbid myself from reading these literature until my papers are over. Let's just pray now I'll have as much interest to read my Malaysian history book as I have to the Da Vinci. All the best to ya'll too in your exams. Signing off now. Back to study :(
Yours in love,
-jOhN "praying" LiM-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment